Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog #9

Since I changed my argument to the causes of binge drinking instead of a new drinking age, I feel that I have a strong foundation for my paper. I feel I have strong reasons for my paper and have found some adequate sources.

However, I want to make sure I have enough to talk about for my paper and can expand on my reasoning. I think my research proposal covered a lot of what I will talk about, but more should be discussed for my paper.

I also want to make sure my argument is specific enough for a thought out debate and my scholarly book is appropriate and up to date; I'm considering getting another book for more recent research.

And if any suggestions can be made about the kinds of questions I should ask the dean for the alcohol studies department (for my primary source) it would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I think that focusing on the culture of binge drinking on campus makes it easier to make an argument for reform. You might look at ways colleges have tried to curb binge drinking -- working toward solutions is one way of giving your argument some direction.

    ReplyDelete